Hi, I'm Bob Lehto, Head of HR at DataSift.
Bob Lehto is a HR Leader with global HR experience, including 10 years managing Recruiting & HR staff. @safetybobsf
* Top-notch experience in start-up and large, global big data and analytics companies.
* Extensive human resource knowledge in the areas of recruitment, culture, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
* Proven ability to build and motivate strong teams directly as a manager and indirectly as a business partner.
* Talent Management, Learning and Development
* Recruitment and staffing
* Benefits (plan selection, administration, employee communications and enrollment)
* Management and employee coaching; Employee relations
Bob Lehto's Background
Bob Lehto's Experience
Human Resources Business Partner at Thomson Reuters
2008 - 2013
I led HR support for the California region; Supporting seven business units (approximately 300 employees) within three office locations: San Francisco, Los Gatos and Los Angeles.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in 93 countries.
Awards & recognition include: ComputerWorld -100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology; Fortune -Worldâs Most Admired Companies; Ethisphere - Worldâs Most Ethical Companies (3 times); and Interbrand - Top 100 Global Brands (#39). For more information, go to thomsonreuters.com.
Human Resources Director at StarMine
2001 - 2008 | San Francisco, CA
StarMine was a global leader in research analytics and quantitative investing. StarMine's research and quantitative stock selection models are still extensively used by quantitative and fundamental portfolio managers at top asset management firms around the world. Products were developed to help investors efficiently generate investment ideas, research companies, and monitor holdings. DataSift was best known for "analyzing the analysts", predicting earnings surprise, and foreseeing stock price movement.
StarMine was a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, London, Boston, and Sydney, until it was acquired by Reuters in 2008.
* Worked closely with functional leaders to recruit exceptionally bright and talented staff. Staff grew from 25 to over 125, in major stock market and investment management cities around the world (New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, London, Hong Kong, and Tokyo).
* Administered all Human Resources programs including on-boarding & off-boarding, training and development, benefits and compensation, Immigration and Safety.
Recruiter at Culver Personnel
1995 - 1996
Recruited entry-level to mid-level sales and marketing positions.
Head of HR at DataSift
March 2013 - Present | San Francisco
Hired as 1st permanent HR Leader. My first tasks have incIuded:
* Manage recruiting efforts and hiring budget (20+% increase in headcount in first 5 months)
• Create all policies and procedures for personnel matters
• Collaborate with management team to build performance evaluation, retention, and
employee development programs.
• Sheppard the evolution of company culture
• Manage existing and new employee benefits (US benefits improved; evaluating improvements for other locations)
Bob Lehto's Education
University of Colorado - Boulder
1984 – 1988
Bachelor of Arts
Bob Lehto's Interests & Activities
HR, talent, best-places-to-work, happiness, biodynamic & organic foods, running, motorcycles